Steel Rebar & Concrete Steel Reinforcement
Our company, Best Bar, was first established in 1995 in Western Australia and is a family owned and run business supplying steel reinforcement and other concrete products to the commercial and private building industry. Since then we’ve established 10 major locations around Australia including 2 in New South Wales, 3 in Western Australia, 3 in Victoria, 1 in South Australia and 1 in Darwin.
Our visions is “To be the Australian steel company most admired for its people, partnerships and performance”. As one of the top reinforcing steel suppliers in Australia, we ensure that all our products undergo a rigorous quality control and we will happily supply reinforced steel for both large and small projects.
Reinforcement Steel For All Types Of Projects
At Best Bar we can supply concrete steel reinforcement for all types of projects and we ensure that you receive your supplies at the time that you need them. Over the past 20+ years we’ve supplied rebar mesh for civil, commercial and residential building projects.
We have an experienced and dedicated team who will work closely with you to deliver your supplies on time. We offer a complete scheduling and estimating service so that you can focus on the building project rather than having to worry about the quantity and timing of your steel reinforcement supplies.
Major Projects We’ve Supplied With Steel Reinforcing
Over the years, we’ve been able to supply steel reinforcement to a number of major projects which have included.
- The Graham Farmer Freeway and Northbridge tunnel in Western Australia which was completed in 2000.
- Geelong Hospital in Victoria. This was a major project spanning over a 12 month period with many different sections being delivered at once. The coordination of the deliveries was run very effectively and the project was completed in 2015.
- The Waterfront Project in Darwin for which we supplied around 3,500 tonnes of bar and mesh.
- Wentworth Point apartments in Parkview, Sydney. This project is taking over 4 years to complete and Best Bar has supplied steel reinforcing for all stages totalling over 6000 tonnes so far.
- Westfield Doncaster Shopping Town in Victoria. This was an 18 month project where our reo needed to be delivered to different sections each time. To make sure that we delivered the correct reinforcing to each section, we used colour coding tags and extremely accurate scheduling from one of our experienced schedulers who worked onsite.
We Supply Only Quality Products
At Best Bar we supply only the highest grade steel reinforcement products as well as concrete sealers and other related products needed for any building project. Here are just some of the concreting products that we supply:
- Reinforcement Mesh – Steel reinforced concrete is extremely strong and will resist cracking especially when used in high traffic flow areas and in high rise apartment buildings and complexes. Our mesh comes in flat sheets and is fabricated from welded wire. It has either a square or rectangular grid pattern and is available in a variety of sizes and specifications to meet any building needs.
- Concrete Sealers –We understand that once the concrete has been laid, it may need some extra treatment both for aesthetics and strength and durability. That’s exactly why we also supply a high quality range of concrete sealers to suit any type of concreting job. Our concrete sealers are available in a number of different varieties to suit both indoor and outdoor application.
- Concrete Accessories – At Best Bar we also supply other concreting accessories such as bar chairs, caps and guards, couplers, expansion joints and fixing accessories.
Our Online Portal Makes Ordering Simple
With our online portal, Reonet, you can order your supplies any time of the day or night and have them delivered at the scheduled date that you require them. Plus you can also track your orders via the portal right from when you placed the order to when it gets delivered. This will certainly give you peace of mind knowing that your order will arrive on time.
You also have the ability to view and print all your delivery schedules plus all quality and account documents that you may require to satisfy all building inspections and certifiers.
So that you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality rebar steel for your building project, we are accredited with the following organisations:
- Australian Certification Authority For Reinforcing Steels Ltd (ACRS)
- The Steel Reinforcement Institute of Australia (SRIA)
- The Australian Steel Association (ASA)
We Use Only Environmentally Sustainable Steel
At Best Bar, we pride ourselves in only supplying high quality steel that exceeds the requirements of the Green Star credit program from the Green Building Council of Australia.
The majority of our steel comes from Natsteel in Singapore who produce their steel using a 100% energy saving process which exceeds the 60% minimum requirements for sustainability.
The steel produced by Natsteel produces premium reinforcement steel using 100% recycled scrap. NEWater is used for industrial cooling. Byproducts such as steel slag and dust are also collected and recycled.
Rebar Solutions in Australia
Concrete is strong when it comes to resisting compression, but it is notably less durable where tension is concerned. All structures experience a mixture of stresses and so it is essential to plan for all eventualities, regardless of what kind of concrete project you are undertaking so that your investment is protected and you see the greatest return over time. Alone, concrete cannot resist tension by itself and so rebar makes for the perfect compliment that improves its strength and compensates for the inherent weakness of the material.
At Best Bar, as one of Australia’s leading reinforcing bar suppliers, you can trust that our extensive experience in this industry affords us a level of expertise that is second to none. We don’t believe in just selling products for profit but instead believe in fostering relationships with both our customers and business partners to ensure that collectively we can deliver the best, most effective solutions.
We appreciate that no two projects are identical and understand that in some instances, due consideration is required when it comes to choosing the appropriate products for your build. As such, we encourage those that wish to tap into our knowledge base to ask for advice, which our team will be more than willing to provide.
How Rebar Adds Value and Protects Your Investment
While the presence of reinforcement bar products is necessary to bolster the strength of any concrete build, there are other benefits that go hand-in-hand with their installation.
In the absence of a reinforcing bar concrete under tensile pressure will result in a brittle failure once it gives way, with no noticeable change to its structure until the moment of collapse. However, with appropriate steel reinforcement, should the concrete come under pressure, cracks will appear prior to the failure, which allows the issue to be addressed and potentially prevented before it occurs.
Therefore, each reo bar plays an important role in terms of safety and safeguarding the development and progress of any project. As and when a loss of strength occurs and failure of the structure is imminent, having the maximum amount of time to react appropriately and take any measures necessary can result in considerable savings.
At Best Bar, we believe that money isn’t the only thing that needs to be protected. Ensuring the health and wellbeing of those that are present during the build and creating structures that will withstand the various stresses that are to be expected over time is crucial. Mesh and bar solutions make it possible to not only reinforce structures but safeguard and make them fit for the purposes that they are built for in the first place.
We Cater to Projects Both Little and Large
We carry a variety of rebar sizes that Australia’s construction community can tap into with little difficulty using our online portal. At Best Bar, we believe in efficient and transparent solutions that complement the schedules of our customers and so should you require additional information or want to know a little more about our rebar price list we invite you to get in touch.
Rest assured, that when you choose Best Bar, whether you are in Melbourne, Victoria or one of our other 8 locations, you benefit from a supplier that is capable of meeting project requirements whether they are small or large and on a schedule that suits you.
Need More Information?
If you’d like to speak to us about how we can help you with your next building project please feel free to phone us on 1800 2378 227. Or you can fill out our online contact form and we’ll get back to you.
Here at Best Bar, we know everything there is to know about steel reinforcing products and our friendly staff can advise you on which type of steel reinforcement products are right for your next building project.
Best Bar is Australia’s leading steel rebar & concrete sealing supplier in Australia. If you are in need of any concrete reinforcing products such as reinforced concrete mesh or steel reinforced products such as steel reinforcing mesh, look no further than Best Bar. We proudly service all areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin, Perth & Adelaide.